18th International HLA & Immunogenetics Workshop (IHIWS)
The 18th IHIWS is being organized by Dr. Sebastiaan Heidt and Dr. Eric Spierings, on behalf of the HLA Working Group The Netherlands (HLA-WN). The location will be Amsterdam, the Netherlands and the meeting will be held on May 6-10, 2021 at the Westergasfabriek. The 18th IHIWS will be supported by the Dutch HLA Working Party (HLA-WN), consisting of many internationally well-respected professionals in the Immunogenetics and Histocompatibility field. The organizing committee has a strong commitment and aims to be very active in making sure all goals of the workshop are reached.
- HLA Epitopes: definition and confirmation of B cell epitopes on HLA
- HLA Epitopes: epitope distribution for different ethnicities
- HLA Epitopes: Development of a uniform nomenclature
- NGS: allelic typing for the HLA region and for KIR
- NGS: speed, epitope typing, multiplexing. How well do low resolution typing results translate to high resolution?
- Hematopoietic cell transplantation
- Population genetics: HLA allele frequencies, linked to HLA epitopes
- Reproductive immunology: HLA-E/C/G polymorphism
- Reproductive immunology: Immunological consequences of reproduction: NIMA/IPA
- The evolution of HLA
- Digital communication of Immunogenetics and Histocompatibility data
The 35th EFI Conference
The 18th IHIWS will directly be followed by the 2021 annual EFI meeting in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. This joint structure will allow for the participants of the 18th IHIWS to join the 2021 annual EFI meeting.
Follow the News
More information will soon be available via the IHIWS website, ihiws.org.
Subscribe to the newsletter to receive regular updates on projects and progress, click here.