Volunteer Labs Sought for Training Opportunities
We would like to remind ASHI members, especially laboratory directors, that through the auspices of the ASHI International Affairs Committee, a database has been set up to list those laboratories which are willing to receive visiting scientists and technologists interested in learning specific laboratory techniques.
Eleven laboratories have enlisted to date:
- Inland Northwest Blood Center, Spokane, WA
- Medical College of Virginia, Richmond, VA
- Gift of Life Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI
- Wake Forest University Health Sciences, Winston-Salem, NC
- City of Hope Medical Center, Duarte, CA
- Sheikh Knalife Medical City, Abu Dhabi, UAE
- Medanta - The Medicity Hospital, Maryana, India
- University of Alberta Hospital, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
- MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
- Queen Mary Hospital, Hong Kong, SAR, China
- American University of Beirut Medical Center, Beirut, Lebanan
- Transplant Immunology Lab, Rotary TTK Blood Bank, Bangalore, India
We encourage our colleagues to participate in this exchange. To list your laboratory, please use the form attached here. Once the database is established, we will roll this out so individuals interested in particular areas of testing may apply to appropriate laboratories The visitor will be responsible for his/her own expenses.
Please take a few minutes and volunteer your laboratory today. If you're interested in visiting one of these labs, please contact .