Lab Procedure Manual
The ASHI Laboratory Manual is a comprehensive reference manual for standard procedures and advanced techniques used in histocompatibility laboratories. It also covers Quality Assurance for the laboratory. Each procedure is written in NCCLS format by recognized experts in the field.
The ASHI Laboratory Manual, is available in either a two-volume printed set or two-volume interactive CD-ROM. This edition consists of the following sections:
- Serology (revised from the third edition, with the addition of a few chapters)
- Cellular (revised from the third edition, with the addition of a few chapters)
- Flow Cytometry (major revision from the third edition)
- Molecular (new and comprehensive section on various molecular methods for HLA typing, T cell receptor gene rearrangement, monitoring, etc.), and
- Quality Control and Quality Assurance (new and comprehensive section to cover all QC and QA, in accordance with various agency standards)
The first and second supplemental issues of the ASHI Laboratory Manual are also available in print or interactive CD-ROM. Each supplemental issue of the ASHI Laboratory Manual contains the following:
- A cover page outlining all procedures available in the supplement and the issue date
- Instructions for adding new and/or revised procedures to your core procedure manual
- A revised table of contents for your core procedure manual
- New and/or revised procedures
- An updated author index. Please note that all new and/or revised procedures will be included in the core procedure manual for those who are interested in purchasing the two volume set.
Each interactive CD-ROM set is IBM/MAC compatible in a read-only format. It contains user-friendly functions, key word search, table of contents and automatic boot functionality. You can order the complete Laboratory Manual or supplemental additions by downloading the order form (pdf) and sending it to the ASHI Executive Office.
2013 ASHI Publication Order Form
Click to download (pdf)