- About ASHI
- Career Center
- Lab Center
ASHI is an international society of professionals dedicated to advancing the science, education, and application of immunogenetics and transplant immunology.
|Proficiency Testing Program|
Click here TO PLACE YOUR 2017 PROFICIENCY TESTING ORDER, ENTER RESULTS OR TO VIEW YOUR LABORATORY’S PREVIOUS PERFORMANCE REPORTS AND SUMMARY REPORTS FOR SURVEYS THAT HAVE BEEN COMPLETED.
ASHI is pleased to announce the 15th year of its comprehensive proficiency testing program
Our program utilizes clinically-based samples to assess a laboratory’s ability to accurately perform its analyses. All surveys are graded using established criteria with oversight by
ASHl’s Proficiency Testing Committee.
• The PT program is designed to fully meet the latest ASHI standards for laboratory accreditation.
• A user-friendly data submission web site features easy results entry.
• There is international participation by laboratories in 21 countries.
• Current survey categories include: HLA Typing, Engraftment Monitoring, and Antibody Screening/Identification and Crossmatching. The HLA-B27 Detection survey is now offered within the HLA typing (HT) survey using the HT samples.
• To reflect routine clinical testing, results for Class I and Class II typing, or for antibody
identification and crossmatching, are reported using the same samples during the HT and
AC surveys, respectively . Whole blood samples are provided for both typing (HT survey) and crossmatching tests (AC survey).
• Cells provided for crossmatch are typed for HLA-A, B, C, DRB1, DRB3/4/5, DQA1, DQB1, DPA1, and DPB1.
• The AC and AT surveys include antibody identification by solid phase testing of complement fixing antibodies. The surveys also include the option to report antibodies against Angiotensin IIType 1 Receptor (AT1R) as an ungraded, educational challenge.
• Modular configuration of the surveys provides flexibility and cost savings. The “AT” module in the AC survey for antibody identification alone (without cells for crossmatching) provides additional cost savings for those laboratories that do not require crossmatch proficiency testing.
• HLA typing (HT) survey is for serologic, low resolution and/or high resolution typing. Samples have included new alleles and additional sequencing of non-traditional exons is performed by recognized experts in the field to confirm the correct results.
• Summary Reports and concurrent individual Performance Reports present data in a concise and informative fashion, with emphasis on the educational goals of the ASHI Proficiency
• ASHI is accepted by the College of American Pathologists (CAP) as an alternative proficiency testing program provider for the HLA Typing, HLA-B27 Detection, Engraftment Monitoring, and Antibody Screening/Identification and Crossmatching surveys. If your laboratory is accredited by CAP, ASHI is able to report your ASHI PT Survey Performance Reports directly to CAP. Due to the low number of participants, the HLA Class II Antibody Identification by Serology (CDC or AHG) will no longer be an accepted analyte.
For further information, please contact ASHI Headquarters: firstname.lastname@example.org
2/2/2017 » 2/5/2017
3rd Annual Moffitt Pathology Symposium: Transforming Discovery into Practice
3/18/2017 » 3/20/2017
American Foundation for Donation and Transplantation Basic Histocompatibility Course