Click here TO PLACE YOUR 2016 PROFICIENCY TESTING ORDER, ENTER RESULTS OR TO VIEW YOUR LABORATORY’S PREVIOUS PERFORMANCE REPORTS AND SUMMARY REPORTS FOR SURVEYS THAT HAVE BEEN COMPLETED.
ASHI is pleased to announce the 14th year of its comprehensive proficiency testing program
Our program utilizes clinically-based samples to assess a laboratory’s ability to
accurately perform its analyses. All surveys are graded using established criteria,
with oversight by ASHI’s Proficiency Testing Committee.
• Current survey categories include: HLA Typing, Engraftment Monitoring, and
Antibody Screening/Identification and Crossmatching. Starting in 2016, the HLA-B27 Detection survey will be offered using the HLA typing (HT) samples. See B27 section below for details.
• To reflect routine clinical testing, results for Class I and Class II typing, and for
antibody identification and crossmatching, are reported using the same samples.
Whole blood samples are provided for both typing and crossmatching tests.
• The AC survey includes antibody identification by solid phase testing of complement fixing antibodies.
• Starting in 2016, the AC survey will include the option to report antibodies against Angiotensin II Type 1 Receptor (AT1R). This is a pilot project to offer proficiency testing for this non-HLA antibody using the AC or AT survey. The results will be ungraded for 2016.
• Modular configuration of the surveys provides flexibility and cost savings. The “AT” module in the AC survey for antibody identification alone (without cells for crossmatching) provides additional cost savings for those laboratories that do not require crossmatch proficiency testing.
• HLA typing (HT) survey is for serologic, low resolution and/or high resolution typing. Samples have included new alleles and additional sequencing of non-traditional exons is performed by recognized experts in the field to confirm the correct results.
• A user-friendly data submission web site features easy results entry.
• Summary Reports and concurrent individual Performance Reports present data in
a concise and informative fashion, with emphasis on the educational goals of the
ASHI Proficiency Testing Program.
• The PT program is designed to fully meet the latest ASHI standards for
• ASHI is accepted by the College of American Pathologists (CAP) as an alternative
proficiency testing program provider for the HLA Typing, HLA-B27 Detection, Engraftment Monitoring, and Antibody Screening/Identification and Crossmatching surveys.
If your laboratory is accredited by CAP, ASHI is able to report your ASHI PT Survey Performance Reports directly to CAP.
• Starting in 2016, the following survey analyte will not be accepted by the CAP due to the very low number of participants: HLA Class II Antibody Identification by Serology (CDC or AHG).
• There is international participation by laboratories in 21 countries.
Frequently asked questions
2016 AC-1 Typings
2016 HT-1 & HT-2 Typings
Click here for 2015 AC-2 Survey Typing Results
Click here for 2015 HT 2 Survey Typing Results
Click here for all 2014 AC & HT Survey Typing Results
PT Program Brochure
PT Operations Manual
PT Order Form
PT Shipping Schedule
Cap Release Form
For further information, please contact Cecilia Blair at ASHI Headquarters: firstname.lastname@example.org