Links to Resources and Useful Information
We hope you will use this collection of links for accessing resources and useful information. If you know of any useful resources related to our field, please send your suggestions . While we strive to check the validity of the links, web sites come and go, or move quite frequently. If any link operates incorrectly, please let us know so that it can be corrected.
Clinical and Transplantation
clinical information and transplant organizations
- ABO Mismatch Reporting Center - accumulates and analyses available data with the aim to reach a deeper insight and to bring together those interested in ABO disparate transplantation. Great bibliography on ABO-mismatched transplants.
- AllergyImmunoLinx.com/Surgery/Transplantation Articles - a free, fast, and easy-to-use Web site designed to keep medical professionals informed of daily clinical developments. Each morning, the top Allergy and Immunology articles in surgery/transplantation and other specialties are aggregated from hundreds of premier medical journals.
- American Society of Transplantation
- Anthony Nolan Bone Marrow Trust [UK]
- Bone Marrow Donors Worldwide [The Netherlands]
- Bone Marrow Transplant Topics @ http://www.bmtinfo.org
- The Immune Tolerance Network (ITN) is an international clinical research consortium founded by the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID), with additional support from the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation (JDRF), whose mission is to accelerate the clinical development of immune tolerance therapies. The ITN develops, implements, and conducts trials of novel immune tolerance therapies in type 1 diabetes, autoimmune diseases, solid organ and islet transplantation, and allergy and asthma. ITN trials look beyond the traditional endpoints of safety and efficacy, building into each trial a complementary set of genetic, cellular, and immunological studies that explore the underlying mechanisms of tolerance and disease.
- International Society for Hemotherapy & Graft Engineering (ISHAGE)
- International Pediatric Transplant Association - The International Pediatric Transplant Association (IPTA) is a professional organization of individuals in the field of pediatric transplantation.
- Medical Matrix-Guide to Internet Clinical Medicine Resources
- MedScape - a robust and integrated multi-specialty medical information and education tool. You may choose a personal Medscape home page from an assortment of specialty sites including Transplantation, primary care medicine sites, and nonclinical sites such as "Money & Medicine" or "Humor & Medicine." Requires a simple, one time, free registration. Excellent source for review of current medical literature, access to electronic journals, and CE programs (mostly free).
- National Marrow Donor Program (NMDP)
- NIAID Plan for Research on Immune Tolerance: Clinical Trials of Transplant Tolerance
- American Foundation for Donation and Transplantation (AFDT) (formerly SEOPF)
- TransplantHealth is a patient-oriented web site designed to provide transplant patients with information during the various stages of transplantation
- Transplant Pathology Internet Services (TPIS) at the University of Pittsburgh - a great source of transplant-related information and educational resources -- download the updated HLA Matchmaker Software by Rene Duquesnoy, Ph.D.
- Transweb: An Internet Resource Devoted to Transplantation and Donation
- OPTN/UNOS Bylaws requirements for Histocompatibility Laboratories (see Appendix C of the Bylaws for Histocompatibility Laboratory personnel and quality assurance standards)
- OPTN/UNOS Histocompatibility Testing Policy Requirements
Government and Regulations
CLIA, HCFA, OSHA, MSDS's, Federal Register and more
- Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS, formerly HCFA)
- Federal Register - search for rules and regulations here.
- Analyte Specific Reagents - Final Rule (PDF). Requires free Acrobat Reader software.
- HIPAA Privacy Regulation Guidance - guidance on the final HIPAA regulations issued by HHS on 7/6/2001; full compliance by health care organizations, including labs, is required by 7/14/2003.
- MSDS Database at Vermont SIRI
- OSHA Information
- Cahaba Government Benefits Administrator - administers Medicare health insurance for the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
- Thomas: Legislative information (Library of Congress)
More Information on the Analyte Specific Reagent Rule:
- ASR Fact Sheet from the College of American Pathologists (CAP)
- Questions & Answers from the College of American Pathologists (CAP)
- "ASR: FDA Issues Final Rule" - an article by Jeffrey N Gibbs published in IVD Magazine, January 1998
Immunology and Societies
Immunology resources and links to related organizations
- American Association of Blood Banks (AABB)
- American Association of Immunologists
- The Antibody Resource Page
- AMLI - Association of Medical Laboratory Immunologists
- ASCB - American Society for Cell Biology - this site has excellent information on public policy issues, such as discussions on human cloning and its impact on the practice of transplantation.
- APHIA - Asia-Pacific Histocompatibility and Immunogenetics Association. It has members in Australia, New Zealand, Hong Kong, Thailand, India, Singapore, Mongolia, Malaysia, The Phillipines, South Africa, Indonesia, Japan, the USA and New Guinea. [Australia]
- British Society for Histocompatibility and Immunogenetics (BSHI) [UK]
- Clinical Cytometry Society
- More about Corticosteroids [CH]
- Cyclosporin A images [UK]
- Cytokines Online Pathfinder Encyclopedia [DE]
- European Federation for Immunogenetics (EFI)
- Federation of Clinical Immunology Societies (FOCIS) - ASHI is now a participating society! See meeting announcement below.
- Immune Responses lecture guide
- Molecular Immunology - a great collection of immunology information and a wealth of links
- Images of Immunoglobulin Structures [UK]
- International Society for Analytical Cytology (ISAC)
- The Lymphatic System and Immunity
- Facts about Leukocytes and Mast Cells [CH]
- How Lymphocytes Produce Antibody - Cells Alive
Journals and Libraries
tables of contents, abstracts and full-text articles; Medline
- Allergy and Clinical Immunology International , official journal of the World Allergy Organization, includes reviews and original articles on both clinical and research topics, association and meeting news, and a regular website review column. Currently, volumes from 1995 through the present are available online in full-text form free of charge.
- ASM Journals Online
- Blood & Marrow Transplant Newsletter is a not-for-profit organization that provides publications and support services to bone marrow, peripheral blood stem cell, and cord blood transplant patients and survivors.
- Bone and Soft Tissue Pathology
- For 10% off your next purchase from http://www.us.elsevierhealth.com you can use the discount code 04357 in the promotion code box at checkout. Valid for unlimited use.
- Clinical and Applied Immunology Reviews - table of contents
- Clinical and Experimental Allergy - tables of contents
- Clinical and Experimental Immunology - tables of contents
- Elsevier: Table of Contents of 900 journals including Human Immunology You can also sign up for the Table of Contents to be emailed to you directly each month. [The Netherlands]
- Entrez (Medline-Molecular Biology)
- European Journal of Immunogenetics - tables of contents
- Experimental and Clinical Immunogenetics - tables of contents
- Genes and Immunity - tables of contents
- HighWire Press - a service of Stanford University Libraries, is claimed to be the Earth's largest free full-text science archives
- Treatment Strategies - Hematology - a print and on-line eBook publication that provides the readership with a collection of comprehensive and thought provoking articles from the most respected key opinion leaders, leading doctors and authorities in the field.
- Immunogenetics - tables of contents and abstracts; full-text is available in PDF format for registered users
- Immunology - tables of contents
- International Digital Electronic Access Library - IDEAL is a developmental project of Academic Press, aiming to greatly expand and improve access to a large number of scientific journals. Journal tables of contents and abstracts are freely available to anyone (guest login required). Authorized Users at sites within the licensed consortia of the project can view, search, print, and download complete articles in the Acrobat format.
- Journal of Biological Chemistry
- Journal of Immunology
- Journal of Molecular Biology [UK]
- Journal of Molecular Diagnostics
- Leukemia Insights Newsletter from the M.D. Anderson Cancer Center - a source of information on Bone Marrow transplantation.
- National Library of Medicine
- Nature Immunology - access to first two issues free; register for free access to tables of contents
- New England Journal of Medicine
- Reviews in Immunogenetics [DK] - tables of contents and sample full-text issue
- "The Scientist" On line
- Seminars in Immunology - tables of contents and abstracts
- Search Medline free through the National Library of Medicine:
- Medline provides free access to MEDLINE, sets of related articles pre-computed for each article cited in MEDLINE, and linkages to publishers' sites for full-text journals. At least 24 journals available, some by subscription only.
- MEDLINEplus has extensive information from the National Institutes of Health and other trusted sources on over 500 diseases and conditions. There are also lists of hospitals and physicians, a medical encyclopedia and dictionaries, health information in Spanish, extensive information on prescription and nonprescription drugs, current health news, and links to thousands of clinical trials.
- Scandinavian Journal of Immunology - tables of contents
- Tissue Antigens [Denmark]
- Virtual Library-Immunology
- Allele Frequencies in Worldwide Populations
- Birkbeck College XRay Crystalography images
- Common and Well Documented Alleles – The original list, was published in Human Immunology in 2007, by Cano et al., (Volume 68, pages 392-417). The official updated list is available at http://cwd.immunogenomics.org/ (in press in Tissue Antigens).
- HLA Class I and Class II Sequence Data at the Anthony Nolan Research Institute [UK]
- HLA Gene and Haplotype Frequencies in the North American Population : The National Marrow Donor Program Donor Registry
- HLA and Disease Resources :
- HLA-B27 and Spondyloarthropathy
- Select Entries from OMIM
- Mechanisms of HLA Association in Disease from the Institute of Transplantation Immunology [Norway]
- Rheumatic Diseases A nice lecture outline from Temple University
- Major Histocompatibility Complex and Rheumatoid Arthritis
- A Cutting Edge Article for RHEUMA21ST by Editor Robert F. Willken
- IMGT/HLA Database - The IMGT/HLA Database is part of the international ImMunoGeneTics IMGT project and provides a specialist sequence databases for sequences of the human major histocompatibility complex (HLA). This includes all official sequences for the WHO HLA Nomenclature Committee For Factors of the HLA System. Development of this database has been undertaken by James Robinson, Julia G Bodmer and Steven GE Marsh. [UK]
- Immunogenomic Data-Analysis Working Group (IDAWG)
- Online Mendelian Inheritance in Man (OMIM) - This database is a catalog of human genes and genetic disorders authored and edited by Drs. Moyra Smith, Victor A. McKusick and their colleagues at Johns Hopkins and elsewhere, and developed for the World Wide Web by NCBI, the National Center for Biotechnology Information. The database contains textual information, pictures, and reference information. It also contains copious links to NCBI's Entrez database of MEDLINE articles and sequence information. The following are direct links to MHC entries:
- Association for Molecular Pathology Homepage - source for info on clinical application of molecular biology techniques with links to related sites.
- ATCC - The American Type Culture Collection - search this catalog to find available cell lines.
- The Comprehensive Protocol Collection (CPC) from Dartmouth U.
- Genome Database-Home Page
- The ImMunoGeneTics Database ,IMGT, is an integrated specialised database containing nucleotide sequence information of genes important in the function of the immune system, including the B cell antigen receptor (Immunoglobulin or Ig), the T cell antigen receptor (TcR) and the class I and class II genes of the Major Histocompatibility Complex (MHC). [FR]
- National Center for Genome Resources
- PCRLinks - a website that provides selected Internet resources about the Polymerase Chain Reaction Technique.
- Search GenBank
- Sequence Submission Forms and Data Retrieval
|Human Immunology Online! - tables of contents and abstracts; full-text and PDF format are available to ASHI members for downloading|
MHC and HLA
immunogenetics, MHC, HLA and disease association resources
Molecular Biology and Genetics
databases, protocols and other resources for molecular genetics